Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fear of Facsimile


Bizarro is brought to you today by More Cloning Horrors.

When this cartoon appeared in newspapers last week, the bottom caption title box dealy said "Downside of Cloning." But as I was reformatting it this morning for this post, I changed it to this one, which I like better.

A lot of objections have been raised about human cloning but none of the worst-case scenarios I've heard are as bad as being able to see myself the way others do. Terrifying. It's all I can do to escape suicide when I stay at a hotel with full-length mirrors in the bathroom, I can only imagine how depressing it would be to see and hear myself in widescreen, 3D, high definition. Forget about it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you don't have a twin brother...

Prospero said...

I'd like a clone so I can him to my day job while I stay home and write all day. Maybe then I'd actually finish another screenplay...

DARG said...

Hehehe.

Ariel said...

it's my nigthmare, to have a twin sister or a clone and to watch her from behind

Foye Lowe said...

Dan, Dan! Always cloning around. Always cloning around. Can't you ever be serous? Can't you ever be serous? Get yourself a solid career? Get yourself a solid career?

(Is there an echo in here?)

Foye, Baton Rouge