Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fleas and Thank You

Bizarro is brought to you today by Seeing Eye Dogs.

Here's an alternate take on the "my wife doesn't understand me" cartoon cliche. I like using standard cartoon setups in new ways, not sure why, just do.

I don't like to blow my own horn but someone sent me a link to the nicest thing anyone has ever written about me and I cannot resist passing it along. (If that link doesn't work, try this url: http://blog.cagle.com/greenberg/2010/06/08/bizarrely-acknowledged/ )Plus, if it gets a lot of hits, maybe they'll write more nice things about me and eventually people will begin to believe them. I hope you don't lose respect for me.



I may not post for a few days, have to run out to L.A. to host a movie premiere Thursday night – not the new Jake Gyllenhaal Hollywood blockbuster, but a documentary about the fur trade. Come by and say hi if you're around. CHNW and I are interviewed in the film, maybe we come off like dweebs, I have no idea as I haven't seen it yet.

Then Saturday I may be motorbiking up to Woodstock Sanctuary to attend our annual June Jamboree. Come by there for sure, it's way fun and a great way to knock down a couple hours on a summer afternoon. Be sure to find me and say hello if you do. I like people who say hello.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"nicest thing anyone has ever said about me" gets an "internal server error". Sure would like to know what the nice thing said was.

Lucky & Tom O'Connell said...

Congratulations, Dan!!!

You are the MAN! Best cartoonist in the world and you actually have ethics (as in not eating flesh for dinner).

keep it up...

Tom O'Connell

Piraro said...

Sorry, Anonymous, it's working for me. Try this url:
http://blog.cagle.com/greenberg/2010/06/08/bizarrely-acknowledged/

Amber Avines said...

Dan,

Congrats! That's a great piece! I tweeted it out on Twitter to spread the news of your wonderfulness ;->

And, hey, since you'll be in LA, if you want me to walk you through any of those web improvements I emailed you about, just let me know. I live in LA and am happy to help (if you're interested).

Have fun hosting the Skin Trade premiere! ^..^

SacTomato said...

Yes, CONGRATULATIONS! VERY well deserved!

Newsie said...

I always like your comics!

keep it up.

Allison Rankin said...

Long time lurker, first time commenter. You rock. I enjoy reading your comics, your commentary and love your links!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dan for the working link to the Steve Greenberg blog. It's so funny that the run-of-the mill cartoons that just aren't funny are so popular. It's like David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls said, there's "a fine line between clever and -" "-stupid."

O'nonymous

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your stuff is awesome!