Friday, August 6, 2010

Tiny Footsteps

Bizarro is brought to you today by Man-Eating Bird.

As I've mentioned before on this blog, my favorite cartoons are those that only make sense after thorough inspection. In this one, at first the reader assumes the situation is normal but on second look sees that the waiter has very short legs and is actually standing on the table. This sort of thing makes me smile every time.

If you enjoyed this cartoon 3/16ths as much as I enjoyed drawing it, then you had 12/23rds more fun than someone who didn't see it at all because they were eaten by an elk the day before it was published. It's the little things in life that make it all worthwhile.

5 comments:

Wit's End said...

kind of like this video. You really have to watch it a couple of times to appreciate the hilarity:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/06/mans-wife-snatched-up-a-d_n_673092.html

patrick said...

I like this comic -- it reminds me of your early stuff, where the gag wasn't obvious right away. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, from the small image, it looks more like the waiter's junk is flopped onto the table rather than a foot.

Yiako said...

Mmm... On fact I think it works better if you don't see the legs. More subtle.

Yiako said...

Mmm... On fact I think it works better if you don't see the legs. More subtle.